Friday, April 17, 2015

#MY SEXY SATURDAY - A NIGHT TO REMEMBER


 NOTE: Blogger is misbehaving tonight. Kindly disregard the paragraphing. I suspect a poltergeist has invaded it.

My 2K short story, A Night to Remember, appeared in the Exquisite Quills' 2014 A Holiday Anthology Volume 2. The anthology is still free on Smashwords and Barnes and Noble. I'm developing my story into an extended novella or novel.

SETTING: Marlee's car skidded into a ditch in a blizzard, and Jim, a Search and Rescue volunteer, offers to let her spend the night in his home because the road to hers is blocked.


“I’m not used to spending nights in the homes of strange men, but I’ll take the offer. I could’ve died out there if you hadn’t stopped for me,” Marlee said.
“I promise I won’t jump your bones,” Jim said.
“Ditto.”

His laughter warmed her, and he put the car in gear. Marlee thought it took all his skill and strength to make it the few blocks to and into his garage.

Pain flared in her elbow and she guarded it as he helped her out of the car. 

He unlocked the mud room door. “We’ll leave our wet things here.”

Copyright 2014 Dee Ann Palmer
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/498109
MY SEXY SATURDAY IS A BLOG HOP, SO PLEASE VISIT OTHER PARTICIPATING AUTHORS BELOW.

"Everybody walks past a thousand story ideas every day. The good writers are the ones who see five or six of them." ~ Orson Scott Card




No comments:

Post a Comment